The SBNG Business Networking Meetings for 2017 came to an end with our December breakfast meeting in the Jasmine Greens Park Kiosk in Umina. It was another a great year where we’ve once again welcomed quite a few new members and our Christmas party was an ideal opportunity for getting to know each other a bit better on a more personal level.
The discussion at the Umina meeting was centred on a review of what went well and what didn’t quite go to expectations in 2017 and on looking forward to plans for our networking meetings and special events in the new year.
Going around the table we each had a look at some of the issues facing our various businesses in the year to come. Some interesting observations noted during the discussions included:
- Financial advice has been focusing to a large extend on taxation and related issues. Going forward into 2018 compliance will have to receive much more focus.
- Accounting software packages are increasingly offering mobile transaction facilities. The risk associated with mobile banking is being addressed and the use of security code verification should receive strong emphasise in the coming year.
- Videos have become a major force in online marketing but there is a shortage of people with adequate production skills. This presents a major opportunity for young people looking for on the job training in this field.
Looking forward to the events calendar for 2018 it was agreed that we should be open to all forms of learning. Topics of specific interest included:
- More technology information
- Presentations by specific well-known speakers such as Justin Herald who is a mentor in the fields of business and personal development.
- General interest topics such as aged care options and general well-being.
We will soon start our planning meetings for the 2018 events calendar. You can rest assured that we will be taking your feedback into account. Remember to let us know if you’re interested in being included as a speaker at one of our networking meetings. Your subject can be your own business or you may wish to talk about another topic that would interest our members and that you are knowledgeable about.
Our first business networking meeting in the New Year will be our Peninsula meeting on Friday 2 February 2018. We look forward to seeing you there.